POSITION: Senior Desktop Support Technician
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CLASSIFICATION LEVEL/SALARY: CL 25 ($48,850 - $79,436) or CL 26 ($53,797 - $87,475), depending on salary and qualifications.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. Priority consideration given to applications received by December 19, 2018.
ABOUT THE COURT
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is one of 12 regional federal courts. Circuit courts hear appeals from the district (trial) courts located within their circuit, as well as appeals from decisions of federal administrative agencies. Headquartered in San Francisco with courthouses in Pasadena, Seattle and Portland, the Court serves nine western states, Guam and the Mariana Islands. The San Francisco courthouse is conveniently located one block from the Civic Center BART/Muni station.
For more information about the federal court system, please visit: http://www.uscourts.gov/
For more information about the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, please visit: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov.
This position is located at the James R. Browning Courthouse in San Francisco and will report to the Desktop Support Supervisor. The incumbent will provide technical support to Court of Appeals judges and staff, as directed. Travel to other court locations is necessary and will be required as needed.
• Order, setup, track, and troubleshoot mobile devices.
• Tier 2 and 3 support for Office 365.
• New hire training.
• Install hardware and software.
• Troubleshoot and fix technical problems.
QUALIFICATIONS for CL 25
• 2 years of specialized experience. Specialized experience is defined as progressively responsible experience related to the technical aspects of data processing, office automation, and data communications and their applications, terminology and methodology.
• Thorough knowledge of computer processes and capabilities, including personal computer operating systems and applications.
• Thorough knowledge of Office 365.
• Thorough knowledge of mobile devices, including laptops, smart phones, and tablets.
• Demonstrated proactive and responsive customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid understanding of computer operations in a networked environment.
• Demonstrated ability to meet established deadlines and commitments.
• Ability to work onsite 5 days a week and with flexibility.
• Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with users at all levels of the court.
• Ability to maintain and foster a strong team environment.
• Ability to travel and lift 50 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CL 26
All of the above, plus:
• 3 years of specialized experience equivalent to CL 25.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• General knowledge of court functions and procedures.
• Vacation time accrues at a rate of 13 days per year the first three years; increasing with tenure thereafter.
• Sick days accrue up to 13 per year; 10 holidays.
• Choice of a variety of employer-subsidized federal health and life insurance plans. Dental and vision coverage available. Flexible spending account program.
• Optional long-term disability and long-term care insurance.
• Participation in both the Federal Employees Retirement System and the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401K, with employer matching).
• Mass transit subsidy (budget dependent).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Positions with the U.S. Courts are excepted service appointments. Excepted service appointments are at will and can be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees will be hired provisionally pending the results of a background investigation and fingerprinting, and are subject to a probationary period. Employees are subject to The Judicial Code of Conduct. Direct deposit of pay required. The U.S. Court of Appeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An application package must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references.
Please submit applications through the Court’s Career Portal: https://ca9-employment.breezy....
To ensure consideration, please submit all requested materials by: December 19, 2018
Applicants scheduled for interviews should advise the Human Resources department if any accommodation will be necessary to interview. Applicants must travel at their own expense and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which may occur without prior written or other notice.